Hello, I hope you enjoy the photograph!

A photograph of Metasequoia glyptostroboides leaves hanging over a pond filled with Nymphaea. Photographed in the July 2018 at the The National Botanic Gardens of Ireland, Dublin.
Hello All,
For the moment this is just a test post, but to make it a little prettier, I decided to add a photograph depicting two modern plants, Metasequoia glyptostroboides and Nymphaea (species unlabeled), which had almost identical relatives within the Mesozoic. In this case, both genera; Metasequoia and Nymphaea are known from the Cretaceous period. Right then, since this is just a practice post, I'll leave you all here for now, and hopefully I'll be posting an introductory blog post soon, but until then, I hope you enjoy the plants!


All the best,

Julian Kiely
(Palaeontology BSc student, Palaeoartist, Palaeobotany-nerd... you get the gist. Anyway...Bye)

Comments